Today I want to leave you my wishes for this new year that has just begun. As perhaps many do as well, as we approach the end of another year, it’s natural to reflect on what we’ve accomplished and what we still want to achieve. For me personally, the new year is an opportunity to make positive changes in our lives and to set ambitious goals and objectives. However, we often find ourselves facing obstacles and challenges that can leave us feeling unmotivated and discouraged.
One of my wishes for this new year is that you don’t give up
When we feel like this, it’s easy to let our goals slip away and give up. But motivation is a skill that can be developed and strengthened. Some steps we can take to increase our motivation include:
- Learn to say “no” to unnecessary commitments that divert us from our goals and values. This will help us focus on what is really important to us and avoid overload and burnout.
- Establish clear and specific goals that are meaningful to us. The more specific we can be, the easier it will be to visualize our progress and thus measure success.
- Finding a deeper purpose and meaning behind our goals. Another of my great wishes for you in this new year is that you can focus on something that has a deep meaning for you.
- Surround ourselves with people who support us and motivate us. Human beings are social beings and we need the support of our loved ones to achieve our goals. By surrounding ourselves with people who encourage and support us, we will feel more motivated and less alone on the path to success.
- Learn from our failures and see them as opportunities (the famous opportucrisis). We all make mistakes and have failures from time to time, but it’s important not to let ourselves be defeated by them. Instead, we should see them as opportunities to learn, improve, and keep going stronger.
By embracing these principles, we can find the strength and determination to pursue our dreams and achieve our wishes for the new year. And as we think about the year just passed and set our goals for the coming year.